Thursday, September 1, 2011

Presidential Campaign Heats Up As Voters Voice Displeasure

The results are in and a clear front runner has emerged. Drum roll please. And the man destined to be your next president is........ DDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM: Nobody. That's right. Democrat, Conservative, Independent, didn't matter. They consensus is they all suck. And they would be right.

Obama has been nothing short of a disaster, a person great at giving stump speeches, but terrible at actually governing. The way he gives in to GOP demands, we might as well as have had W for another four years. His jobs plan is a failure because it fails to tackle the central problems, outsourcing and wage declines. They are lots of jobs out there. The problem is, they don't pay anything. A recent AOL story said there were countless jobs in things like sales, trucking and health care. The health care part is dead on with jobs that have decent wages. As for the other two, not even close. A friend of mine recently got a trucking job. He works 16 hour days for about 12 bucks an hour. Not exactly bringing home the bacon for that much work. Sales on the other hand, is a joke. I worked in the industry for years and left as either the pay got to be ridiculous or the amount of hours needed to be put in was. I don't want to work 16 hour days. Sorry I have a life. Especially when the pay isn't that great. On the AOL site I went in looked at these great sales jobs they were crowing about. The first four pages were auto sales (all commission), the next five real estate (also all commission) and these jobs are all tanking as no one is buying new cars or real estate right now. The rest of the list, nationwide, were retail jobs that pay 10-12 bucks and hour. F#$K THAT. I am not working for wages that will not get me anywhere. I'd still be broke AND working awful hours, including nights and weekends. I'll stick with writing thank you. It may not pay much but I'm my own boss and I work my own hours. The job situation cannot improve until Obama gets it through his head that we cannot compete with places like Mexico, China and India when it comes to wages. As long as this continues, America will be underpaid and overworked.

Half of the people I know are out of work, and almost all have been laid off to save the company money by rehiring someone to fill the position at half the pay. Stonebridge Press laid me off for that very reason and have now lost their entire editing staff as well. We live in a country where success is prohibited for all but the top tier. How American is that?

On the GOP side, Perry continues his rise which will be followed by an historic fall. Many republicans feel, Perry is a lost cause. First, why pick somebody that everyone is going to compare to George Bush. Second, his record is garbage and will be eviscerated for it. Third, rumors of infidelity could Tiger Woods his career quick. Romney is probably their best bet and someone I wouldn't say no to, depending on his views on certain things. Paul will never get the nomination as he would be too damaging to the status quo so hopefully Romney will be the pick after Perry's inevitable self destruction. He was a good governor and if he wasn't such an idiot to run away from the success of his health care plan (I live in MA and love the health care compared to any other state I've lived in), he'd be a shoo-in. By the way, when you hear those idiots say it takes two months to get a doctor appointment, they lied. I can get in to see my doctor in a few days notice. On the other hand, my dentist took a month. It all depends on where you live in the state and has more to do with doctor shortages, especially GP's, not Romneycare.

So, if the election were held tomorrow, turn out would be at record lows. We need a leader. Too bad none of them seem to be running.

No comments:

Post a Comment