Monday, December 28, 2015

WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2016: FILM AND TV SOARS!

If you are interested in entertainment, 2016 is going to be a fantastic year. We have Batman Vs Superman, Deadpool, Captain America: Civil War, X-men: Apocalypse, Now You See Me 2, The Secret Life of Pets, Ghostbusters, Star Trek Beyond, Suicide Squad, Dr. Strange, Jack Reacher 2, Fantastic Beasts, Rouge One, and that's just the ones I am aware of.

There are certain to be others that will blow me away, especially low budget ones that fly under the radar until word of mouth catches up. Ex Machina was one such rare treat this year and It Follows to a lesser extent as that one bordered on dull sometimes with an ending I figured out five minutes into the film. But it was creepy. I want a scary horror film for once, something I don't think I've seen in a theater since The Descent. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any on the horizon so my comic book geek self will have to deal with the glut of superhero movies that all sound or look good.

Deadpool, Dr. Strange and Captain America have me giddy as I am a Marvel fan over DC. However, Suicide Squad looks great and say what you want, I really like Ben Affleck and am curious to see how he does with Batman. He's a better actor than most people give him credit for.

TV will continue to rule/suck depending on what is on. Heroes reborn bit the dust bin again this past year and has me worried about the upcoming X-files return, another series which died a painful death in it's final, really awful last season. At least Scully and Mulder are back which is the only reason I am going to give a chance to this show written by a hack, Chris Carter, who hasn't had even a smidgen of success with any other show since. The final episode of the X-Files was one of the worst series enders ever. Hard to bounce back from that, but I will see, with hopes so low a guy laying on a skateboard couldn't limbo under it.

Legends of Tomorrow can't get here fast enough. This show is going to rock and I am so hoping for a second season so Constantine may join. Angel From Hell shows promise. Lucifer will piss of the religious so it has that going for it. American Crime Story lets America relive the OJ Simpson trial. Game of Thrones and Deadliest Catch will be back soon. Preacher looks awesome. Luke Cage, who already is in the awesome Jessica Jones, returns. Westworld is back.

2016 for entertainment looks great. Too bad the rest of the world won't be.


No comments:

Post a Comment