Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I See A Cliff Acomin"

Bad news I can deal with. But with each and every passing day, the news seems to get worse and worse and nobody seems to care. But then again why should they. We cannot stop the inevitable so why not ignore it and go on with our lives? Denial is a great place to live until reality catches up with you. Our news media focuses on the absurd and trivial lately. World news is almost entirely absent from our radar unless we look it up ourselves. Regular readers (I know I have a few) know that my background is in religious studies, philosophy and anthropology. I have also postulated a theory some twenty years ago that religious strife would be the next world war. I have nothing against Muslims. I know quite a few actually and consider some close friends. But I fear for them should things spiral out of control like we are in real danger of happening. And while I believe writing about will do little good, maybe somebody out there might read this and rethink their position on bigotry and hate. This week though I see a real problem brewing, one being whispered about in the highest levels of government.
Recent Al Queda propaganda talks about German born (i.e. white) Muslims with Western passports. Supposedly they are to hit soft targets like hospitals and restaurants in the DC area. Whether there is any truth to this however is unknown. Our government lies for their our purposes and to spread a little fear before an election never hurts. There is a real danger here though, just maybe not so close to home. It has been confirmed that a massive build up of weaponry is being supplied and used by Iran, Lebanon and Syria. Scud missiles were recently spotted by Google Earth of all things in Syria, upsetting the Israeli government. China has also been supplying a new air force to the region, changing the balance of power. As tensions in the area are already sky high, this cannot be viewed as good news. There is still talk of a Hezbollah uprising in Lebanon, as soon as this weekend perhaps.
War is said to be looming, our economy is in a shambles and the freaking tea party is somehow ahead in fundraising in Nevada. I really wish I cared more about Lindsey Lohan or Kim Kardashian or even the Sahari's. I wish I didn't have to know what's coming. Buckle up because Gavic Princip is returning. And this time, he might kill us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment