Wednesday, June 12, 2013

ERIC SNOWDEN MAY INDEED BE THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE ROOM. WHY PEOPLE MAY BE SERIOUSLY UNDERESTIMATING HIM..


I know what it is like to be underestimated. I don't have a degree from an Ivy league school. I don't have lots of money. I do have an IQ of 181 and a solid grasp of how things work. Put me in any situation and I can do great good or great harm depending on my mood. Snowden may be a lot like me. If that is the case, the US may be in lots of trouble. Much is being made about Snowden's past and reluctance to release more data. There may be a very good reason why he is not doing that.

Take his past. Snowden has no high school degree and there is some air of uncertainty as to if he got his GED later or not, but I find impossible to believe in this day and age any high security job would demand at the lvery least a high school diploma. But let us assume that maybe he is gifted and that the degree is worthless in this scenario. I'd rather go with that instead of thinking our government is being run by dorks who will hire literally anybody off the streets. Anybody can get through high school. If you can't, good luck with the rest of your life because you are going to need it.

He joins the Army, breaks both legs in a training accident, discharged and then goes to work for various intelligence agencies. While there he discovers how things really are (suggesting a mindblowing level of naivety) and decides to steal thousands of pages of documents because, well he can. Does anyone else have a problem letting low level drones have access to information that they could use for personal gain? The probability of this happening again is near 100%. This is the true scandal. It's not that they are snooping through our data. They have been since Project Echelon in the mid-90's started, and revealed in 2000, about the government collecting data on us. Telecommunication companies have been keeping that information for decades as well. The problem isn't the fact it is being collected. It's the fact that they apparently keep all that info in an unlocked safe.

If Snowden is as smart as he says he is, and his past would suggest, maybe he started to see things like I would: that this was a dangerous operation with great potential for massive harm to be done. He sees injustice everywhere, from bankers being set up and used for information by the CIA, to information being passed around like party favors. He finally decides to be a hero, steal a bunch of info and release it to the public. Here is him explaining why:

"I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things," Snowden said. "I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under. ... I can't in good conscience allow the U.S. government to destroy privacy, Internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building."

He wisely took the information, fled to a country where extradition may be harder than some, and leaked it to a British newspaper, knowing full well that the American Press is known for handing sensitive information directly back to the government with no analysis of it beforehand. CBS was caught twice doing just that resulting in jail time for an investigator in the TWA 800 case and the death of a tobacco whistleblower. Never trust the American press to cover you in today's corporate run news. Foreign press, particularly British or Irish news, are the best and that is exactly what Snowden did. So far, so good.

He leaks a bit of the information to the press, wisely goes into hiding, but not before saying this:There is much more coming. Some have made hay over this as to why not release all the information. The explanation is simple: it's his insurance policy. Some of the info is perhaps being held by a third party, perhaps the girlfriend he left behind who has been dragged into this whole sordid mess, more likely some other untraceable sort, like I would do. I know plenty of people the government would have an impossible time connecting me too and I would leave that information with them with instructions to release it should anything happen to me. And why would he fear for his life? Because he is not that stupid anymore and knows the government could disappear him at any time.

According to the laws as they stand, Snowden could be classified as an "enemy combatant," and be sentenced to death with no trial, no verdict, no proof. Worse, he could be kidnapped by mercs, and held in a black prison for the rest of his life. That is where we stand today. Do something the government doesn't like and you could die or be imprisoned forever. Does that sound like an America you want to live in?

Snowden is an American citizen. He did not do this for money. He did not do this for a political or religious cause. He did it because he says it was the right thing to do, which it was. The chance for misuse from this information is staggering. And the worst part is it doesn't actually work for the reasons they suggest.

Serial liar James Clapper has been caught twice stretching the truth. Once, before Congress when he was asked if such a program existed like PRISM and he said "No," and again by saying to the press the program helped stop two terrorist attacks in the past which recent evidence says is totally false. This program was tried before under the Project Trailblazer banner and was stopped after two years because it wasted five billion dollars of tax payer and did not produce one piece of useful information in all that time. They then slapped a new name on it, and voila, welcome Project PRISM. This information is all about control and all this talk about security is bullshit.

President Obama hit the nail on the head the other day when he said, "If you people don't trust us, we are going to be in a lot of trouble." Exactly, Mr. President. We don't trust you. Or Congress. Or the Supreme Court. OR just about anything anymore and this latest scandal is not helping. The world needs a raise. And all I hear from all areas of government is that they are more interested in knowing our deepest secrets. And now that Snowden has shined that light into the darkness in which our entire government operates, they scurry like cockroaches.
Snowden has said there more explosive documents that he could release but won't. This may be the only thing that keeps him alive. And if our government has stopped to that level, we are all really screwed.

9 comments:

  1. I don't think what Eric Snowden did shows intelligence. It shows that the system he was working in was stupid and inept. If anything, he stands as a tribute to the ineptitude and inbreeding of the US government. Actually, he sounds naïve and immature, thinking that there is some utopian society where complete freedom exists. With all his worldly wisdom what has he discovered? That freedom and privacy are what? Illusions. He will not find a society that allows him unlimited freedom and access and privacy too. It's not going to happen. The same imbeciles that hired him have counterparts across the world. Eric Snowden is no hero. You say he didn't do this for money. Money is not the only motivation for egotistical maniacs. At the end of the day, it sounds like Eric Snowden has anointed himself the arbiter of what is right and wrong and what is fair or not. Perhaps, with his infinite wisdom, he can build a utopian society somewhere and show us how to do things correctly. Is there anything he does not know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been many many others who were blocked by the machine or at least their words were.... Is Snowden a hero is not the issue, its that someone was in the right place and time who felt either good or bad about what was going on and shared it with the rest of us...

      Delete
  2. I totally agree that the system showed incredible stupidty for allowing just about anyone to gain access to sensative materials. But as for Snowden being a hero, he was. And yes, we as human beings have it within us to buck the system when the system is broken, Would you call Deep Throat a traitor? How about the release of the Pentagon Papers? And you make it sound like Snowden was some cult leader. He gave up everything to make this world a better place, or the very defintion of hero. He didn't do it for money, as he could have sold that information to competing governments for a fortune which he did not do. He went to the press and exposed this monstrosity for what it was. And while unlimited freedom is not possible, the NSA can drop dead listening in on all of us. Everyone has something to hide and if the NSA knows all, blackmail and corruption will be the end result. The country could become vastly different if this continues. The public is not happy with this, and if not for Snowden, we never would have known that the government is spying on all of us ILLEGALLY. So unless you want a Nazi-like America, shut up. Snowden and others like him are needed, not cry baby right wingers who lack even the basic understanding over how countries should operate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is old but I can't help but post that your post here comes off as pretentious. For someone with an IQ of ~180, you seem to have some obvious spelling and grammatical errors (misuse of "too"). Typically, it is known that anyone who has to brag so bluntly about their intelligence is typically lying. IQ tests also fluctuate HEAVILY, with one noted individual scoring anywhere from 105-210. The tests are far more accurate in measuring retardation than they are intellectual capabilities.

    But continue on your crusade to boost your confidence. The difference between Snowden and you is his ethos didn't come from broadcasting an IQ, it came from a history of elite jobs and the ability to interpret the constitution on a genius level.

    You, on the other hand, posted on a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not have an editor as such so any grammatical or spelling errors are mine and mine alone. And I also agree that telling people my IQ is bragging somewhat. However, the purpose of this blog is to explain to people what is really happening in the world and not the bullshit the MSM and politicians spew with gay abandon. Thanks for the personal attacks which usually occur when someone has no concept how to refute the obvious, as you have so accurately done. This blog talks about subjects that could get me killed one day so I don't think it's as superficial as you think it is. My job is tell people the news, the real news unfiltered by bias. Can you say the same?

    ReplyDelete
  5. An I.Q 181 wow! 31 points higher than me lol I always thought you guys where able to compute at extraordinary levels. What abilities do you have? i.e. photographic memory/extremely fast thoughts etc Lastly I always thought if I had an i.q of 180-200 then becoming a billionaire would be much easier, as in I would have greater clarity in the mechanism of business and commerce. I am only 16 so I have a lot to learn, but with an I.Q of 181 what would be holding you back from becoming filthy rich. ( I said would on purpose it is clear your life calling is different)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it sounds like being smart is the way to riches but it doesn't really work that way, not in today's connection ridden society. Stupid people seem to make more money lately. I can read super fast, retain about 75% of the info, and can find flaws in any form of reasoning no matter the topic. I am a recognized expert on several subjects, like fascism, and my work has been now translated into 27 languages. The fact that you are 16 and reading sites like this says you could go far in this world, and an IQ in the 150's is quite good as well. My intelligence has landed me interesting work, some of it well paying, in that I can use statistical analysis better than most, and I can do a lot of it in my head. Money has never been a driving factor in my life. I have been and always will seek out truth over riches. If both coincide though, who I am to argue. I am hoping the book I am currently working on may do just that. Keep studying hard because even if it doesn't translate into cash, it will still be very helpful in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see. When you say reading super fast how much WPM do you read, and do you use speed reading techniques. I try speed reading by my ADHD really limits my concentration. It seems we have a lot in common with abilities I absorb like a sponge, and dwell in various subjects from philosophy, economics and politics to mathematics and physics. I try to explain to people the orgasmic feeling of expanding your horizons and trying to understand the nature of reality...but people my age just want to drink and party *sigh*

    I see the world likes cogs in a machine, everything dependent on another thing to work, if that makes any sense. I have come to the conclusion that the mechanic system placed within the world runs on money to make more money a redundant cycle of course. I see currency as a universal agreement of value nothing more...however if I was to have shit loads of money I would have the resources to shape the world in a direction towards greatness(I know really fukin delusional, but if I shoot outside the universe I may land on a star haha)

    Anyhow I have a question that has been bugging me that I feel you are best suited to answer.

    Q)With an I.Q well above the norm, how do you cope with mental isolation? What I mean by that is everyday I am out with class mates I have to wear a social mask and talk about football and mundane idiotic things...but there is soo much going in my head soo much realizations that I want to share but I have been socially ostracized and fear if I be myself I will be alone again. However mental isolation is when I cannot converse in an intellectual manner and become mentally stimulated. So what do I do? and how did you deal with it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't lie to you: being really smart kind of sucks. You are able to see things clearly and reasonably while everyone else around you is still flinging their poo at the trees. We are not that evolved from monkeys really. However, there are ways to keep yourself and your mind occupied. I am thirty years older than you and still hang with the same friends from high school and none of them are exactly brainpowers (nor are they stupid either). I also have new friends from later and some of whom share my passion for politics, philosophy and sociology. For now, grin and bear it and be happy you have friends. But also be yourself. My old friends are perfectly happy talking football or baseball and I can use my knowledge of statistical analysis to bring up things they haven't thought of. I feel smart, they don't feel stupid and everyone is happy. I don't know exactly how many words per minute but I can read but I can finish off a 300 page book in about an hour and a half, sometimes less depending on the type of book (fiction versus non-fiction) and the topic (something I already know a great deal about versus a brand new subject). The reason I write this blog is to A) demonstrate writing and cognitive ability to potential clients and B) shut people up who remember the one time I was wrong while ignoring the nine times I was right. Mental isolation only occurs if you let it. Find ways to talk with people who do not know as much as you and use your abilities to make them understand. I haven't lost a debate in decades because of my ability to "dumb" things down for normal people. Most people aren't stupid so much as uninformed and you will be surprised how many people actually have an open mind. The ones that aren't you have my permission to mentally destroy. That makes my life worth living. Knowledge really is power and never give up on that. Learning is beyond important even if it makes you see the world as a lot sicker and horrifying than everyone else. If you see it, maybe you can change it. Probably not mind you, but you have to try, thus this blog. Your theory of mechanical construction of the universe may be overly simplistic. Think of the universe as a hologram instead where even the smallest particle holds the information of the universe as quantum mechanics may suggest. Look into it, I think you'll like it. And I know it kind of sucks now being a genius in high school where, as you say, most just want to party, while you want to learn. In a few years you'll go to college and trust me when I say while college is important, unless you are going to an Ivy league school, state universities are far cheaper and you will get the same type of education and contacts you would from some expensive one that isn't Yale or Harvard. How were you socially ostracized and for what reason? Just curious and how did you get back into their good graces? Eventually you will find people who think like you, although in my case, it is very hard to find intellectual equals. The geniuses I meet are usually so in just one topic and have the social skills of a deranged ape. I actually prefer talking with people not quite as smart, but still geniuses, like my fiancé' is. Her IQ is around yours and we connect like few people I have ever met. When, and hopefully not if, you meet that person, your life will change for the better and as you are still so young, there is a very good chance you will meet her some day soon. Don't give up hope because of the Neanderthals around you. When you get out and meet more people, you will find others just like you. I did and so can you.

    ReplyDelete