Thursday, November 24, 2011

TEN THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR

With all sorts of horrible things happening this week, (Gingrich at the top of the polls, police brutality at an all time high, war with Syria/Iran imminent) lets take time out to reflect on what we should be thankful for.

10)I'm thankful I don't live in Iran and Syria. Americans were warned today that they should get the hell out of Syria and Europe and the Arab League are supposedly drawing up plans for a Libya style invasion including establishment of a no fly zone. Russia and China are less than pleased with this prospect. The US has moved super carrier the George W. Bush (ugh) into the region and France is petitioning NATO to intervene. Assad's rule is over whether he wants to admit it or not. He should see what happened with Qaddafi and maybe think about stepping down. This war could get bloody if Iran, Russia, China, North Korea or all of them get involved. Yuck.

9)I'm thankful I'm not the president of Berkley college or officer John Pike. Good luck with any career you thought you might have. Pike has become an icon and not a good one. I particularly liked the picture of him spraying the Founding Fathers. And the president of Berkley has flip flopped her story so many times you'd think she was running for president.

8)I'm thankful neither me nor my girlfriend weigh several hundred pounds. Seriously people, eat a salad once a while.

7)I'm thankful I have a roof over my head in a nice neighborhood. Many in the world don't have that luxury especially if your mailing address is Juarez, Detroit or lately, the White House.

6)I'm thankful to have some money in a credit union that isn't being used to help the big banks that screwed everything up in the first place.

5)I'm thankful I'm not a fundamentalist because I like being able to think for myself.

4)I'm thankful I'm not a member of the Tea Party for exactly the same reason and number five.

3)I'm thankful I don't get all my news from FOX because I would apparently believe that Obama is an African born Marxist, that Newt Gingrich has the temperament and ability to be President and that bleach chases away the thirsties.

2)I'm thankful that I don't work for an organization like Fox News, the FBI or any idiot in Britain that said there is no proof of water preventing dehydration. Sigh.

1)I'm thankful for my friends, family and health, even though the latter is so precarious that everyday I wait for a new issue to cost me a small fortune. Again.Yeah our health care system rocks.


Happy Thanksgiving all.

No comments:

Post a Comment