Wednesday, November 21, 2012

TEN THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR THIS THANKSGIVING

10) I am thankful that I don't live in a war zone, a ghetto or Detroit. I am doubly thankful that I don't live in Gaza where Israeli bombing runs are as predictable as an Anne Rice novel. A tenuous peace has been called for as of two o'clock PM EST. We will see if it holds.

9)I am thankful I don't work for Walmart, Target or any other big box store forcing their employees to work on Thanksgiving for slave wages. These stores should be boycotted so as to show some solidarity with their struggling employees. But the idiot public will have to have that 50" plasma for $300 dollars so I expect most to ignore that idea and reward corporate America for their rampant greed.

8)I am thankful I don't work for Hostess who wanted to destroy the livelihood of their workers so the higher ups could afford their third summer home. Some have complained that Hostess was not viable because they were paying their workers a true middle class wage of around $50,000 a year while others were doing similar work for $12 an hour. Shouldn't we be complaining about the money we are making (like Walmart workers are doing) instead of looking at the wage level as a race to the bottom over how cheap we can get labor so products are kept priced artificially low? Sooner or later, you will lose your job as cheaper alternatives become available, and then you'll think twice about unions and right to work laws.

7)I am thankful I am smart enough to see through the arguments Hamas keeps making about Israel. I cannot tell you how many people keep bitching about Israel as an occupying power. I've got bad news for all you hypocrites out there: YOU LIVE IN AN OCCUPYING FORCE COUNTRY. White people didn't just magically spring forth here in America, regardless of what the Mormons tell you. We conquered the Native Americans and committed horrific acts of genocide against them. If Israel is occupying their land, then by the same logic, so are all Americans who didn't come from an Indian tribe. Feel free to leave and find somewhere on earth where conquered people DON'T live. I hear Antarctica is nice because that is the only place on the planet not settled by non indigenous people. Shut the hell up about who came first, the Jews or the Palestinians, because it's a moot point. The Arabs have to accept Israel as not going anywhere and the Jews have to give some land back to the Palestinians. Only then will there be peace.

6)I am thankful I have a wonderful woman in my life who loves me dearly. For all of you out there alone this holiday, do not despair as there is most likely a person out there for you if you want it. If you are fat, diet. If you are boring, get better hobbies. If you are ugly, fix your appearance. If you are Lindsay Lohan, go away.

5)I am thankful for my friends and my family no matter how much they piss me off.

4)I am thankful I don't have to go some job I hate everyday. I have had those kind of jobs in the past (Safe Home Security I am looking at you) and, let me tell you, life becomes a dreary slog where grabbing a gun and shooting everyone at work starts to seem like a better and better idea. There is a reason why workplace shootings have increased over the years and it has to do with the mind numbing garbage you have to deal with for minimum wage while your boss drives a new BMW every year and takes six weeks off a year to travel the world.

3)I am thankful for my health, bad as it may be. 2009 for me was spent bedridden in excruciating pain, half blind and doped out on Vicodens. Now I have bionic eyes and off the painkillers which is a big step up. For all of you out there having to deal with medical issues and the tremendous costs involved, I feel your pain. Literally.

2)I am thankful my girlfriend doesn't drag me to the latest Twilight movies, rom-coms with Kate Hudson or anything staring J-Lo. Plus she lets me play video games without complaining about it. My ex, who I lived with for seven years, had a radically different notion which is one of the reasons we are not together anymore.

1)I am thankful for all the readers out there who come to this site to get news that the MSM seems to forget, distort or lie about. Keep telling others about me and feel free to donate to the site to help keep it running. Even a dollar every now and then would be appreciated. So thank you to all of you out there world wide and I wish you a wonderful and safe holiday and for the peace to take hold in Gaza with a more permanent one soon. Love makes the world go round. We could use more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment