Take Carly Fiorina who has insisted that the scene from Planned Parenthood she described is accurate, even though every fact checker and myself, have found NO evidence that what she says is true. As someone who worked in editing, these tapes are worthless as they have edited it to death. The scene in question is edited in and is NOT an aborted fetus, but a stillborn fetus, as anyone with medical training can tell you. It's may not even be from Planned Parenthood.
Now, while late term abortion are pretty terrible, according to statistics, only 1.2% of all abortions in the country are late term and a vast majority are done because of severe deformity or the health of the mother, two things idiots like Fiorina and others want to not include exceptions for. How is that pro-life when the mother is going to die if she gives birth? Idiots.
Lastly on this, I am sick of hearing about how cavalier the people who work in these places are. This is complete ignorance of these kind of workplaces and basic psychology. There is something called "graveyard humor," and trust me when I say almost everyone does this to keep their sanity. It happens when people have to do horrific things for the greater good like honor guard or mortician. Humor keeps you sane. Just because the idiot complaining about it doesn't have a sense of humor, doesn't mean the rest of the world has to adapt to their stupidity.
Fiorina is getting hit from all sides now, as the media that built her up has reversed itself to attack mode and all the dirty secrets about her past is coming to light. Her ex-husband had little to say that was any good about her, and while he may have an axe to grind, what he says about her I find completely believable. He calls her a dangerous narcissist more interested in herself than anyone else, otherwise known as a classic psychopath. She certainly has those kind of traits. She cheated on her husband, ran two companies into the ground and it also turns out that the "daughter" she lost was her step daughter from her second marriage. Not quite the same thing, lady. Wake up America and discard this waste of space. Literally anyone would be a better choice.
And then we have Stephen Goddard, possibly the worst "scientist" on Earth. For years now he has massed a ton of lousy data which he has interpreted into saying the Arctic, Antarctic and Greenland are all cooling and ice there is at record highs. His Realscience.com site is filled with made up graphs with no explanation into them that fly in the face of what we can see with our own eyes. He does know that everyone and their brother is fighting over the Arctic because sea ice is disappearing in a mad dash for new resources? If sea ice was thickening, as he suggests, this fight would not be occurring. It also doesn't help that far more reputable scientists have shown massive ice melt across the regions, and one of my friends who was stationed in Greenland for ten years will tell you how much ice melted in just the short time he was there. Global Warming is real people and idiots like Goddard are making some of you stupid.
The dumbest conspiracy theory this week are not one but two End of the World prophecies of doom. One is allegedly on the 24th and another on the 27th. I have no idea what the 24th entails (something about the Jewish calendar), but the 27th has a lunar eclipse and a blood moon, which would be scary if this was the third century and not the 21st.
I recently watched a five part documentary on Auschwitz which went into great detail into how the camp operated and how they killed millions there. Deniers will have to explain to me why the Germans have video, recordings and detailed notes into the extermination of the people in camp there, which was more than just Jews. No one fakes things that will get them sentenced to death later.
The one conspiracy theory that is not too far out there is the possibility of the failure of one of the world's largest banks, Deutsche, and with it, the world economy. Their stock has fallen 40% as allegations of deep corruption and mismanagement have surfaced. They are cutting 23,000 jobs or 1/4 of their entire workforce, hardly a good sign.
This is from Zero Hedge:
The bank, which has paid out more than $9 billion over the past three years alone to settle legacy litigation, has become something of a poster child for corrupt corporate culture.
In April, Deutsche settled rate rigging charges with the DoJ for $2.5 billion (or about $25,474 per employee) and subsequently paid $55 million to the SEC (an agency that’s been run by former Deutsche Bank employees and their close associates for years) in connection with allegations it deliberately mismarked its crisis-era LSS book to the tune of at least $5 billion.
But it was out of the frying pan and into the fire so to speak, because early last month, the DoJ announced it would seek to extract a fresh round of MBS-related settlements from banks that knowingly packaged and sold shoddy CDOs in the lead up to the crisis. JP Morgan, Bank of America, and Citi settled MBS probes when the DoJ was operating under the incomparable (and we mean that in a derisive way) Eric Holder but now, emboldened by her pyrrhic victory over Wall Street’s FX manipulators, new Attorney General Loretta Lynch is set to go after Barclays PLC, Credit Suisse Group AG, Deutsche Bank AG, HSBC Holdings PLC, Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC,UBS AG and Wells Fargo & Co.
If true, I have new respect for Loretta Lynch. But the collapse of Deutsche bank could have world wide consequences as they have 75 trillion in derivative liability, which they in no way have the ability to pay back.
Here's an artcile from Notquant.com:
- In April of 2014, Deutsche Bank was forced to raise an additional 1.5 Billion of Tier 1 capital to support its capital structure. Why?
- 1 month later in May of 2014, the scramble for liquidity continued as DB announced the selling of 8 billion euros worth of stock – at up to a 30% discount. Why again? It was a move which raised eyebrows across the financial media. The calm outward image of Deutsche Bank did not seem to reflect their rushed efforts to raise liquidity. Something was decidedly rotten behind the curtain.
- Fast forwarding to March of this year: Deutsche Bank fails the banking industry’s “stress tests” and is given a stern warning to shore up it’s capital structure.
- In April, Deutsche Bank confirms its agreement to a joint settlement with the US and UK regarding the manipulation of LIBOR. The bank is saddled with a massive $2.1 billion payment to the DOJ. (Still, a small fraction of their winnings from the crime).
- In May, one of Deutsche Bank’s CEOs, Anshu Jain is given an enormous amount of new authority by the board of directors. We guess that this is a “crisis move”. In times of crisis the power of the executive is often increased.
- June 5: Greece misses its payment to the IMF. The risk of default across all of its debt is now considered acute. This has massive implications for Deutsche Bank.
- June 6/7: (A Saturday/Sunday, and immediately following Greece’s missed payment to the IMF) Deutsche Bank’s two CEO’s announce their surprise departure from the company. (Just one month after Jain is given his new expanded powers). Anshu Jain will step down first at the end of June. Jürgen Fitschen will step down next May.
- June 9: S&P lowers the rating of Deutsche Bank to BBB+ Just three notches above “junk”. (Incidentally, BBB+ is even lower than Lehman’s downgrade – which preceded its collapse by just 3 months)
- That does not inspire confidence at all. If this bank fails, it could be the Lehman Brothers all over again. This is one conspiracy theory that may pan out and have far reaching consequences and even end of the world possibilities. So let's worry less about what is going on in the sky and focus on what may actually kill us.