Thursday, October 25, 2012

SARAH PALIN, RICHARD MOURDOCK, HURRICAN SANDY AND OTHER THINGS THAT BLOW

It was a very bad day for the GOP yesterday. And I do mean BAD. Like election losing bad. First Trump came out with his "bombshell" which turned out to be an infomercial for Obama's college records, conveniently leaving out any mention of Romney's missing tax returns. I find it hysterical that the right wants every detail ever about Obama but, on the other hand, Romney not complying with the most basic of demands is met with silence and derision. Donald Trump may have officially jumped the shark with this latest stunt. I get that he wants publicity P.T. Barnum style, but this latest bunch of malarkey made him look beyond foolish. Even the far right saw this as pure propaganda.

Then came Sarah Palin like a white goddess from the North singing her racist nuttiness for all to see. During an interview she actually used the words "shuck and jive," to described Obama's handling of Benghazi. That is some old timey racism, girl. For those not in the know, as this is a colloquialism from the 1870's, the slur was used to describe slaves who were considered lazy and worthless. Way to call the President the N-word, moron. Black voters are sure to LOVE that analogy.

Then the piece de resistance in the form of Indiana Congressman Richard Mourdock talking point about how raped women should be happy God blessed them with a child. WTF? I can almost see every Republican pundit and Mitt Romney burying their hands in their face as to the damage this may cause. Todd Akin is still smarting from his idiotic statements about abortion and is now going to lose and badly. Mourdock was comfortably ahead in one of the few sure fire holds for the GOP in the Senate. That is now in question as women may leave this ass by the truckload and shift the numbers toward the democratic challenger.

Worse, Mitt Romney did an ad for Mourdock so, whether he wants to admit it or not, his smiling face is going to be seen next Mourdock's name and be subconsciously linked together on abortion. Considering I do not believe for one second he is not totally to the right on abortion, I am thrilled to see this story. Abortion is a personal choice that outside people have no business getting involved in.

I don't care what you believe, anti-abortionists. I don't believe the same things you do. There is zero scientific evidence that life begins at conception. The Bible mentions life begins at blood which doesn't form until the eighth week  so you do not even have that to go on. When you force your beliefs on me I get mad. We shouldn't even be having this discussion in this day and age and the fact that contraception is even being mentioned as well makes me worry for the future of this country. This flare up could cost the GOP any chance at winning now, both the presidency and the Senate and they only have themselves to blame for this latest round of stupidity.

On the heels of all of this is Hurricane Sandy, which some are predicting could be worse than Irene or Lee from last year. Swell. If I don't post for a few days next week know that I am sitting in the dark, pissed as I hate being without power. Last time I lost internet, phones and cable for a few days but the power stayed on, which is all I really cared about anyway. I can still play video games, watch DVR or DVD's, read the gagillion books I am behind on, and talk on my cell phone.

The latest track has it hitting somewhere between NJ and Boston. Worse, for the second year in a row, Halloween may be affected. I hate when it rains on Halloween because I feel real bad for the kiddies whose night is ruined. A hurricane is far far worse. In this area last time, festivities were postponed or cancelled outright. When we had ours a few days after Halloween, the streets were packed with more kids than I have ever seen in the past five years I have lived here, so at least they still had their big day.

The hurricane may also hurt campaign stops, the Brown/Warren debate and other incidentals that hurt the GOP far more than the still ahead Obama in electoral votes. The GOP needs a miracle. This hurricane, combined with the fact that Republicans don't know when to shut up, is certainly not it.

No comments:

Post a Comment